The Information Technology (IT) Department is responsible for delivering all aspects of Information Systems and Information Technology Services with principles to support and facilitate learning technologies required by SUAC.
● Enhance learning activities and instructional support through the effective use of technology
● Maintain a reliable, robust and secure technology environment
● Balance innovation, manageability and use of college resources through careful planning and stewards
General Overview of IT Services
IT services and system resources are delivered for students, faculty members, and staff. It is defined by engaging and collaborating with business units. The scope of services provided covers all IT related aspects required by SUAC.
The IT Department provides the implementation and maintenance of Enterprise Application Services to support academic and management processes.
Student Information Systems are available to automate the administration of academic processes consisting of student records, registration, curriculum management, courses and lecturers records, study programs, and self-service access thru the academic portal for students and lecturers such as online class enrollment, viewing grades, viewing transcript, and viewing class schedules.
These information systems are integrated with the applications below.
● Admissions System
● Student Recruitment System
● Student Payment System (to manage student payments and financial aid)
● Facility Management System to generate and manage class schedule.
● Desire2Learn (D2L) is a Learning Management System (LMS) that allow lecturers to create, manage, and share learning content and resources.
● Brainfuse is an online tutoring service that allows students and tutors to communicate in real-time through an easy-to-use online classroom platform.
● Library System is equipped to provide automated solutions for booking, borrowing and keeping inventory of book collections in the library. The system also provide online access for students and faculty members to ebooks and journal that the library is subscribed is subscribed to.
● Microsoft Office is an office suite of applications available for student, faculty and staff . SUAC signed an agreement with Microsoft and this gives students, faculty and staff the right to use Microsoft Products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, etc. Every registered user is provided with an Office 365 account and OneDrive storage with 50GB of capacity.
The IT infrastructure at SUAC is built to support learning and teaching activities as well as supporting all administrative services at the L'Avenue campus. The campus networks are designed with Local Area Network (LAN) and Wi-Fi/wireless access, available on all floors within the campus building.
Internet Connection and wireless campus
Internet access is available through wired and wireless (Wi-Fi) connections. Sufficient and manageable bandwidth is provided to support online learning and teaching applications, online exams in the computer labs, multimedia applications, and video conferencing systems.
The Implementation of voice communications is deployed within the network infrastructure for IP phone (VoIP), voice, and video conference systems.
Single Sign On (SSO) Service
The SSO service is part of the infrastructure services that manages the authentication and access rights for multiple applications provided for both, academic and back office applications. Every user (students, faculty and staff) are provided an SSO account using their personalized email ID.
All classrooms are adapted to support a 21st Century teaching environment. Each classroom is equipped with instructional and projection technologies and it is covered with Wi-Fi for internet access and a LAN port. Also, multimedia projectors with HDMI/VGA connectors are installed in every classroom. These technologies enable lecturers to access and deploy resources for teaching courses using digital resources.
SUAC has five computer labs equipped with a total of 101 personal computers to support online learning and computer-based assignments. All PCs are installed with MS Windows operating system, MS Office products, and various software for computer lab work.
IT Department provides a number of support options to students, faculty and staff. These include assistance through email, by phone or in person.
IT Service Desk for faculty and staff: IT Staff Room at 7th floor
IT Counter for students: Registry Counter at 6th floor
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Address :L'Avenue Building, 7th floor
Jl. Raya Pasar Minggu Kav. 16, Pancoran, Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia
Phone: +62 21 50 2222 34 ext. 7777